May 26, 2015

Progress of a Piece - Intelligent Design

Progress of my newest (larger) piece Intelligent Design 

I started off with bright colors, a layer of pattern paper, and covered it in white paint. The pattern paper holds a lot of meaning for me, and I love the graphic elements it brings into my pieces.

 Initial blocking out of the flowers. I like to use a variety of flowers, but am always drawn to peonies, ranunculus, and certain fluffy roses.

Adding first layer of flowers. I used a deep Indanthrene Blue for flower details instead of my usual Payne's Grey. 

detail

Editing. It often holds true for me that if something looks off in a painting, I should try removing something (rather than adding something). 

More developed with geometric layer. 

The final painting
Intelligent Design 
24"x24"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment