February 02, 2016

Florals and caran d'ache

With the move to Virginia and the holiday rush and then taxes (uugh) I haven't had a lot of time to paint recently, so I took a day and played with my watercolors and new caran d'ache wax pastels.



Caran d'ache pastels are like a cross between a crayon, colored pencil, and oil pastel. I have been using the Neocolor I version that is permanent (the Neocolor II is water soluble like a watercolor pencil). 



I really love that the mark-making is permanent and won't smear with use of paint! I've had some trouble with other mediums that were supposed to be permanent, but then smeared when I varnished over them (cue intense panic!)


oh, hey, Mr. Ginger Jar.... 








Have you discovered a new medium recently? 







No comments:

Post a Comment