January 30, 2016

Updated state prints

I've been working my way through the states as a set of prints for a while now. I've been having so much fun with them!





It's a progressive series - when it first began I was adding flowers for decoration, but after a few states, I decided to make the flowers each state's specific state flower. 


 My first two state prints:
original versions



The first two states I painted were Michigan and West Virginia; after a while with the black text and decorative flowers, they no longer fit with the flow of the series -- so I decided to update them!

 

The newly updated Michigan print is in the same color scheme as the original, but with new color-coordinating hand lettering and features the state flower - the Apple Blossom. 



The updated West Virginia also features new blue hand lettering and the state flower- the Rhododendron. 
 
 
These states are my and my husband's home states, so it was very special to me to be able to update them and give them even more meaning. 
 
 
 
 I hope to be adding even more state prints soon! (hint, DC-metro area!)
 
 

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment