October 01, 2014

New Christmas cards

New in the shop - Christmas cards




I had so much fun designing and painting these! I have never done Christmas cards before, so it was exciting... and also funny to be making them in August. I definitely may have watched several Christmas movies on Netflix to get in the holiday mindset. 


 You may see a few rejected designs in these piles. I designed several that were more minimal, but ended up going with 3 that were more illustrative.


Colorwise, I wanted an overall look of something a little rustic, a little vintage, and very painterly - something that could double as decor and look pretty sitting on a mantle or hung on a card garland (or however you display your cards! My mom puts them all in a basket on the kitchen island to invite people to freely pick them up and read them as individual moments - I always thought that was sweet). 


Each has a different inside greeting, so they all have their own personality. 


 Sold in boxed sets of 6, they are available in the shop and also at Yellow Door Art Market. 




No comments:

Post a Comment