December 30, 2016

2016 in review

2016 was a great and crazy year for my business! 




This was our first full year back in the D.C. area and the first time I've worked as a full-time artist here. 



My studio tree

I loved being able to set up my new studio and add to it. My new studio cabinets and countertop (from the Ikea kitchen collection) were definitely a great decision! SO useful!


My Instagram "top nine" photos from the year -- based on this I should paint in my sketchbook 
more often and start prepping Christmas ornaments in, like, May...

 


I also really enjoyed my new series of abstract interiors. It makes my obsession with home decor blogs and shows seem a little more purposeful. :) 


My brother (who was one of the first guests to stay at the Magnolia House in Waco, Texas this year) commissioned me to do a painting of the Magnolia House to send to the couple who runs the House for the Gaines' (they made a request for notes and letters from all the guests who stayed there) -- and Chip and Jo sent me a note back! That was pretty exciting. 



Thanks so much to all my customers and supporters! I'm so excited to get back into the studio. There is lots to work on (some new products coming soon) and maybe finally finish my #100DaysofGouacheBook sketchbook... 
I have just over 20 pages left. 
Seriously I'm gonna do it. 

Despite all the hardships and disappointments this year brought to many, I hope you were able to find some good in 2016. 

Onto 2017!


No comments:

Post a Comment