August 13, 2014

Decorating with your own art

Because, it's gotta go somewhere until it's sold, and my studio is small... 



I decided to add some of my new pieces in my living room area and above our bar cart. It's been nice to see new pops of color on the walls. One of these pretties is about to be sent off to a new owner, but it was nice to have it decorating my space for a little while.

Sometimes it's hard to part with certain pieces. A professor in art school told me that she knew of artists who would destroy their best pieces - it was supposed to keep them from getting blocked or stuck on that certain piece of art, to push them to do better. I just don't think I could ever do that; I get so emotionally attached to my art, I would rather see it living a good life in someone else's home than destroyed. 

How attached are you to the things that you create?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment