June 19, 2014

Trip to the desert



 cacti!

my first In N Out Burger sighting (the important things)

My husband had a work conference in Scottsdale, Arizona last week, and I decided to tag along. Neither of us had been to the desert before, and it was really pretty, so different from the east coast and midwest, and HOT. 

 palms

 our resort

This may sound like a "duh" moment, but I was not expecting palm trees in the desert - in my mind they had always been associated with tropical places, and we were operating under 0% humidity. But what AZ lacked in humidity and grass, it made up for in cacti, great food (street tacos!), and BIRDS. So many birds. 


 can you spot the hummingbird?
 
lovely mountain view

moonrise over friend's rooftop patio

I did find a little time for my watercolor sketchbook, though I could only get in a few before I had to find relief from the heat!




No comments:

Post a Comment