January 29, 2014

Call for Art

My alma mater West Virginia Wesleyan College, a small liberal arts college in West Virginia, is having an art auction to benefit their art department and Sleeth Gallery

 Isn't campus beautiful? I took this when I dragged my husband there to visit last July

The theme is The Colbert Bump (yes, that Colbert) and is for small works - 6"x6" - both 2D and 3D. Entries are due by March 7, but encouraged earlier. Eligible pieces received by the cutoff date will be exhibited in the gallery and each artist will be part of the official exhibition record. Details here

 I had a great time at WVWC and a wonderful education. Their art department is small, as are most of the classes, which really allows for individualized attention and true relationships between the students and professors. I even had a work study as a gallery assistant and attendant 3 out of my 4 years, so there's an extra bond to Sleeth Gallery for me. 

And just to prove how much I care, I am posting an embarrassing photo of me in my studio my senior year. You're welcome, Earth. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment