June 26, 2013

New Studio

Jason and I decided to get a king-sized bed - our first big purchase as a married couple. But the real news here is that means both bedrooms were completely rearranged, and I now have a new studio! 


Isn't she lovely?

 

I got a large new set of shelves to help with my organization. And, yes, I label my bins. I have some new ones that are just begging for the P-touch (label maker, that is).


 

I am probably most excited about having space for my new easel and paint cart. 
The easel is a nice, hefty wooden H-frame that is fully collapsible. The robin's egg blue cart is actually a bathroom cart from Ikea - I was totally sold on the color. So cute! 

The room gets amazing light and I have a lovely view onto a lawn and trees. The kitties are a little bummed that they aren't allowed in (cats + paint = disaster), but Red has taken it upon himself to be the protector of the new memory foam mattress, so he's still living a pretty good life. 



I also cannot state enough how wonderful it is to not sleep in the same room where my studio is. It's such a calming feeling to be able to close the door, step away, and sleep in a non-working room. 

The argument for a television in the bedroom, however, is still up for debate.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment